View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 03:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I had my Suzuki Bandit 1250 insured with Geico. So I added the Storm 250 originally, It added about $30 to my annual premium. Liability only. Then I added the Templars for about the same. That is $30 annual premium for each bike, not monthly.

I read the manufacturer's name to the Geico rep on the phone for the Storm and the Templars. It was no problem (can't do it online).

I sold the Bandit, sold the Templar 6 speed and the Storm 250. But then I added the KTM 250 (off road, MX). About the same annual premium. If you are paying more than $50 annual premium for a basic financial responsibility policy, it's too much. Check to verify that you don't have comprehensive insurance. These little lightweight bikes don't do much damage in an accident, usually the other way around.
I do have comprehensive but I knew that before I added it. I have comp, coll, theft, gap, health, uninsured and underinsured. $250 deductible if an accident is my fault, refundable $100 if it isn't. It's the same as my truck and van. I know it seems like a lot but anything can happen.
2023 Lifan X-Pect 200 #141 - HAAARD BREAK IN
Currently running .003 EXH/.0015 INT