View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #2

It's pretty easy. First, go to www.taobaotrends.com and set up a free account. Second, go to their order form page, and keep it open. Third, open a www.taobao.com tab (in Google Chrome) and find what you need / want / desire. Fourth, copy and paste the URL of the Taobao item into the order form. Wash, rinse, repeat.

After you have completed the order form and checked out, the Paypal button will be greyed over, not allowing you to proceed. The people at TBTrends will confirm your order, and then release the Paypal button for initial payment. That fee will be the actual cost of the goods, plus the shipping fee as noted on the Taobao site. After you pay, they will order the items to their warehouse, unpack them, photograph them for you and let you know about any changes.

Once you're satisfied, they'll give you a shipping quote to your door by EMS, HK post or DHL. Make your selection, and they'll send you another Paypal invoice that includes their 10% fee. Pay that amount, and the goods will be en route to you.

You'll find an explanation of the shipping fees on the www.taobaotrends.com site, although Spud reports that there is an error there. It doesn't matter to me, because it's still a really good deal.

If you're struggling to find a certain item, ask Humanbeing for help here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13773

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer