View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribouille View Post
Hi all...I had so many issues with this stalling business that I ended up returning the bike and asked for a full refund as I was fed up with all sorts of possible reasons and repairs done by the dealer. I enjoyed the bike fully when i didn't have to slow down or stop at a traffic lights etc...as the stalling would occur there and then but then everyone has to stop from time to time !!!...So I asked another dealer to check the issue and he told me that the throttle body and the injectors needed to be replaced...I decided that I wanted to enjoy a motorbike and not to dread its unpredictable behavior...so glad I got rid of it ...I know some of you are great mechanics and able to do all sorts with your bikes but I am not technical enough to carry on riding this nightmare of a Honley. Currently looking at better bike options and a better way to obtain parts...Thanks to this marvelous group and support you all provide...Enjoy your ride and bye for now..)
You made the right choice. I would have if I were in your shoes. So I did the valve check and made some adjustments and it sort of solved the issue. I didn't have time to run to CSC to grab a fuel filter to make sure that wasn't the issue. Engine did shut off once last week in the afternoon and as always it's within first five minutes but I'll take that over what I was facing. I now down shift very carefully and let the clutch out sort of let the engine slow me down. And yeah I agree with the others about using higher end gas and octane. Not the issue.