View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 09:42 PM   #9

I can see that no one is following Itchy Boots.

She has readjusted the term "adventure bike" in my mind.

She is in Africa now. Riding "roads" that redefine the word. That is after the trip through South and Central America.

The only motorbikes other than her own Honda CRF300 are the 150cc/125cc Chinese motorcycles and scooters that swarm the 3rd world roads. Many of them never see asphalt and spend their lives bouncing between potholes and waist deep puddles that abbreviate what they call "roads".

Almost each episode she is passed or passes a scooter loaded with 3 people and a 100 pound sack of rice somewhere on a mud track deep in the Congo. None of them have decided they need to trade up to an "adventure bike". All of them seem to get where they are going and often stop to help Itchy Boots with her Honda adventure bike problems.

As stated above, Vespas go round the world and have for a couple of generations. Nathan The Postman rode a Honda 90 from Australia to London.

Most of the world goes where they need to with what they have and consider it just another trip. Throw some cheap saddle bags on whatever scooter you decide to buy zip tie a milk crate to the carrier frame, fill the under-seat compartment with food and water and take a trip.

As for "other adventure scooters" almost every mfg makes one, we just don't get them here in the states. Yamaha has one as does Suzuki and there is the Honda X series. The only difference I have noticed between the Honda Cub and the Trail is a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket and tire tread.