Thread: And here we go!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 06:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Of course it is a lease for the Bar and it's business, but people ( at least here) like to have a place to sit and drink something, while they wait for the motorcycle, car, etc.

About being unreliable, It's quite common to see CFmoto, Benelli, Zongshens 450cc that in less than a year have more 20.000 km.

Benelli TNT300 bought May 2020 more than 23000 km so far 0 issues
Attachment 24425

Same goes for the other brands, i know only ONE case of a catastrophic failure from a Benelli and it was the owner fault.
=> Wild Dog

The CFMOTO design is actually copied by JONWAY lmao. Specially with their new GTO and that’s how I was able to locate some fender parts for it. Not the engine but the fenders. Generally all Chinese bikes, those that are sold by “pirate websites” are knock off of others. If you see different type and order many parts and actually comparing in sizes in mm you will know where they get their taillight design from or where this one get their handlebar design from or where this one gets their front brake caliper design from.

And as for the owner, don’t judge someone because you got lucky. Everyone has different lucks with China bikes. You can learn a thing or two from MotoCheeze channel if you are not a fan of mine.

Example: I bought the Lycan V16, my luck with it has been nothing but smooth sailing. I changed the factory engine oil at 600 miles not knowing if it was overfill or not and I didn’t do my clutch not until after 1,000 after I felt it wasn’t gripping enough. Then everything about this bike is due on it when it’s happening like it had a problem with cold start and was skipping throttle response and at 7,000 miles it got worst to a point even when it warms up it’s still skipping throttle response like hick-ups. I had to finally pray God that I can do the job, and starts dismantling parts until I figured out their engine design patterns to get into the tapets and gap it based on an XVS250 book guide clearance. And I didn’t stop there because there were so many steps involved and I didn’t want to go there again if the problem didn’t fix I change the ignition coil anyways.

After those changes the bike ran smooth, even better than when I had it up to this day it never has any slip of cold hick-ups. Then I had a key bump-died problem. It starts happening strongly on a cold freezing 15 degree Fahrenheit day and I thought maybe I overdid it and was too cold to take the bike out. Then couple of thousand miles later it happened during a heavy rain with wind ride coming home that always lasts 35 minutes on the road but the bike died. I pretend it’s the norm and turn off the key and switch it on and the problem is fixed, I knew what it was I just couldn’t fixed it at that time because of the fear and limited resources.

It wasn’t until this pandemic with all these free money the government throwing away plus my job is essential so basically I didn’t need the money so I start investing on random websites for parts. And trust me I was looking. I bought some parts that takes 6 months to arrive from 1 website and 1 order finally takes 9 month before it got refunded to me, and kept on looking until I found a trusted website that is extremely active. Up to this day I spend over 2k on parts and bought that key along with many other parts I needed. I get orders send in 7 days. 3 days to process and 4 days to arrive here in the U.S. I now have active people on duty waiting on when I’m making the next order because they depend on my money and they know I order a lot.

So the Lifan V16 may have had just parts problem but when you compare to the GTO the CFMOTO copied by JONWAY this thing had a clutch issue at start. Even now I knew it was my luck, because I set the clutch gap right when it was cold, then test riding it for about less than 10 miles my clutch became extremely unresponsive. I had to readjust it while the engine was running. Then it became when the engine is turned off its tight as hell was when it’s running its gapped properly. I kept on searching for several symptoms about car clutches because that’s how I do my actual research and not based it on motorcycles and all points out I already have a transmission problem. I was in denial because I did nothing wrong to the bike. I tried preventing everything that was possible in the seeing eye including overheating, but it wasn’t enough. At 4,800 miles my countershaft broke. I had in fact open the clutch side to run a diagnostic repair and like everyone else I thought it was a loose nut. I even give it a 7 plate clutch, and physically the case was still ok. After that it really got even worst to hearing noises and the case itself got cracked.

So now I was left with a broken engine with good compression, perfect cooling but bad transmissions. It took me 3 months to devise a strategy to plan to fix it. I had the parts ready, but wasn’t taking chances to spend money if I don’t know what is really wrong, it was all the manuals. I bought a Suzuki GSX250R manual just to try to understand the transmission and I even bought the Yamaha R3 manual. Surprisingly they were all the wrong manuals. It was me looking at parts from that website until I saw a weird model number and Google it and add service manual next to it. I do an image search first and saw some kind of books, then I went deeper and actually found the right manual. So now I was half way there, opening the engine I then realized the gear box is exactly like the CG230 engines and I normally never does engine works that big. But I had past encounter with engine being destroyed on my hand and me taking it to people that wants to help and memories of what they used to do. I then take the chance of buying one last manual because the other manual doesn’t have the full view of the gear box the way I wanted it. Coming from a guy that recently built a CN250 engine from scratch there were specific I was looking for.

I took the chance and it works. Job overall on 3 months waiting and research and parts costs me a nifty $500. Shipping is what kills me, not the actual parts because each order I placed have several items but weight at $200 shipping or around that range.

So you really don’t know someone’s luck with a Chinese bike if it’s not you. That Lifan V16 could have had the same problem and if it did I would be then really screwed. Because up to this day the parts I found for the GTO is not that vast for the Lifan even its predecessor which I know of.