View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 07:39 PM   #1

Finally Got Some Snow

It looks like the frozen tundra but it's the Sauer Family Prairie Kame Forest Preserve, just a few miles SW of Cheesy Manor. Flat as a pancake except for that bump/kame in the background.

Rode about 50 miles and a good chunk of that was on unplowed roads. I did get sideways in one corner, which caused a death grip clench on the saddle. I was suddenly facing at a right angle to the direction of travel. The clench came just as the slide stopped and I thought the bike was going to keep moving, up and over the sidecar. I don't think I was doing 15 mph when it happened. Stopped as soon as it started. It took a couple seconds for my butt to release its grip on the saddle, then we went on our merry way.

I ran into a couple of small snow squalls along the way but made it home intact. I have leg guards on the rig but the front of my pant legs were still soaked and covered with road gunk when I got home.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts