View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #38

After some thought...i may pull the seat off of the bike and take a look at my options there...i wonder if i couldn't do something similar to what Spud did with his XR and tuck a compact gel cell battery under there somewhere. Antigravity makes a nice compact 4 cell battery that may do the trick. They also make a couple 6 volt batteries that may work if i figure out a new way of mounting the battery on the bike as even the smaller one of the two is bigger then the stock one.

Edit: Ok after looking at that link Humanbeing posted up with the Nicad set up...I see a couple possible options here....As long as the XL185 chassis is set up like the 125 in the link i can do exactly like Spud did and lay the battery on top of the air box...or run a pod filter and replace the air box with a custom airbox/battery box. one thing i love about AGMs..they can be laid down at any angle and work properly. Sure they cost a bit more but its worth it for the ability to do things like that... Doing this gets the battery away from the rear tire and in a much better protected position.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)