View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #33

Ok just a bit of an update. Bike got put into storage along with the DT250 and Interceptor during the move. But i will be working on gathering the parts i need for it during the winter. The thing that is slowing me up a bit is finding a 12 volt battery that will fit in the stock location. May need to get a bit creative with this. One thing i have kicked around a couple times with both the DT250 and this bike is mounting a 50 cal ammo can on the left side of the bike to serve as a tool box/saddle case...Might even run two on both bikes along with the aforementioned pelican case on the rear rack. If i do end up going this route it will make it a TON easier to fit a large capacity 12 volt AGM type battery as i would simply move it from the stock location to the right side case. The ammo box is metal so that should provide plenty of heat shielding from the exhaust. But then again i do have the option of adding a bit of insulation between the battery and that side of the case..I should probably add insulation around the entire battery to prevent shorts anyway. Sure it adds a mild amount of weight but having the brighter lights as a result of the 12 V conversion makes it worth it. Having the other cases to carry tools and other required items will make it easy to maintain the bike in the field. As both this bike and the DT250 will see some time loaded in the back of a future expedition vehicle build being able to fix them in the field is important.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)