View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 08:32 AM   #134

Have several (more) ideas but no one around with a RX3 to try them on (hint hint, anyone in my area with this problem shoot me a PM and ride on over to get this problem worked out for everyone)... Here is what I'm thinking for those too far away

Has anyone try to clean up all electrical components including the grounds (don't forget any paint on the frame and in the threads) and sealing all wires/connectors/grounds/bolts with Dielectric Grease?

Can someone do a "military white glove test" and check everything past the air filter up to the throttle body looking for any signs of dirt/dust/oil/etc. Gummed up throttle bodies can cause similar problems at low rpms.

I don't remember all the "sensors" down by/in the throttle body so make sure you buy an actual "Throttle Body and Intake" cleaner (Amsoil Power Foam is good too)... do NOT use the usual "Carb Cleaner", it can do a lot of damage to sensitive Throttle Body parts... if it needed cleaning, find and fix the leak past the air filter

How about "adding on bigger ground wires" like 'we' usually do with cars (like "the big 3")? Won't need to go as big as 'we' normally do (usually 0 AWG or larger), just adding larger grounds has helped several motos in the past, who knows it might help with the RX3 issue ???

I'm sure I will think of more to do but that is where I would start working on this problem with the fuel treatment not helping.

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.