View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 03:22 PM   #1

Grin Hawk or Templar?

New rider here, for some reason my last account was deleted/banned randomly? so, i’ll ask the question again.

This is going to be my first motorcycle, i’m torn between the hawk 250, and the Templar 250 (not M or X version).

I love the CG clone engine the hawk possess & it’s unmatched reliability, and it uses the same oil my XJ 4.0L uses. But I like the enduro body style & aesthetics of the Templar.

Sadly, research of the templar i see many bad posts on forum about “engine trouble/failure” and many russians experiencing the same issues with the 172fmm.

The reason for these bikes is because i live 15 miles away from the nearest town in the country, and my room mate works night shift so like how currently my XJ is running bad i need reliable transportation to get to town in for now while fixing my XJ, or the motorcycle replacing the XJ entirely if i can’t fix the issue.

In a perfect world, if the 172fmm grenades in the templar, can i just buy a CG125 clone hawk engine & bolt it in? (a templar with a hawk 250 engine would be the holy grail of chinese bikes for me if that’s possible) or should i just go ahead and buy the Hawk for peace of mind & money savings? Or can i just maintain the 172fmm nicely & it will treat me nicely back?

Last edited by Chainsalvage; 02-08-2024 at 03:24 PM. Reason: adding thing i forgot to paragrapg