View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 02:21 PM   #21

When I tested the pressure in my shock it was 150psi. i let it down to around 30.psi.
but the shock does not extend itself at that pressure so it needs more pressure than that
it's possable that there is no pressure in it at all now as it doesn't feel like it on the bench
a word of caution ... I took the preload adjustments all the way to the top to lower the seat height.... which it did.... but the ride was really rough ( it has always been with this bike) ... i am trying to fit a weaker spring to it right now...
but in so doing ( raising the preload nuts to the top of the shock) i inadvertantly bottomed out the shock the stroke is extreamily short on this shock and every inch you raise the nuts you lower the shock piston.... Yes the shock will bottom out and the spring will not even be compressed at all.... weird but that is how they made it
so My solution is with the shock on the bench, is to extend the shock fully... and adjust the preload nuts to the top of the spring enough to hold the spring solidly there. and then re install it....
this will give me maximum shock travel and also maximum seat height ( to my dismay)
I think the only way to lower this beast is with a lowering kit or make your own Modified horseshoe/dog bone that is longer that will alow the rear swing arm to go up without affecting the shock or it's length.
so as your adjusting the sag you may well find that you bottom out on bumps there is very little room to play with here with this short acting shock.
Bob........