View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 10:13 PM   #8

I don't know if this is unique to this engine or what but I like the fact the carburetor is facing toward the front of the engine. I suppose it's possibly to do the same on my 110 cc ATV if for some reason I wanted to. Just reverse the intake manifold 180 degrees. Sorry for these large photos!

Here's the same engine with the carburetor and air cleaner mounted the opposite direction (without the starter motor):

Also the motor is mounted on a stand with four bolts on the bottom of the engine. So I guess I could use this as a forward engine mount.

Reason being is the engine is going to have to sit under the tubular frame. So I could mount the engine so the carburetor and air cleaner are just ahead of where the body makes it's bend (ahead of the foot rests) as long as it clears the front fender if that makes sense:

The foot pegs and the piece under the body that the original motor bolts to is going to have to be removed (and foot pegs relocated). I don't know if this piece serves any purpose as far as making the body more rigid.

I don't know how hard these engine are to kick start. The seller lists an engine without a starter or transmission and the instructions seems like it's a booger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piranha-140c...8sSKRw&vxp=mtr

But I could remove the starter (and won't need a battery) to gain extra clearance.

My concern is by the time I mount this engine I'm going to have 2" of clearance between the engine and pavement.