View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 08:45 PM   #41

I don't know if I posted this, now that all the blind break off bolts have been removed from the carburetor I bought and installed two M4-.7x16mm Hex Sock Cap Bolts

Name:  New M4-.7x16mm hex socket cap botls.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  197.1 KB

I decided to redo my battery tender wiring to switch it to the other side thinking I might back my bike in the garage such that the left side is facing the wall with the power socket and have the front tire facing the garage door so I have a quick and easy exit down the driveway incline. Underneath the battery tray is the engine CDI unit.

Name:  Engine CDI unit found under battery tray.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  130.3 KB

I spent today installing the digital dash and key. And hooking up all the missing wiring.

Name:  Digital Dash and Key Installed.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  177.1 KB

I must have taken the Headlight Cowl and and off at least three times. I did not like the throttle cable routing the way it came out of the box. When I pulled the steering hard right all the free play in the throttle I had set had dissappeared. Nothing I adjusted would bring it back. I pulled the digital dash again and rerouted the throttle cable. Finally after all that faffing about I can roll the handlebars full right and I get the same freeplay I set in the full left position.

Name:  Headlight Cowl Removed Twice Reroute Throttle Cable.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  192.8 KB
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility