View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #18

i put on the k and n filter, its a bit smaller then the original, but the seal still makes plenty of contact, its clamped down nice by the retainer.

having a bit smaller filter surface bothered me until i fired the bike up.. i had to check that the tube was on the carb as it sounds like there is no filter at all.

i added a bead of lithium greese to the rubber seal to make sure it seals a bit better. there was plenty of dust inside the airbox telling me the original dont seal for shit.

bike sounds alot more throaty as i would expect, seems to flow more than enough air for the bike. i also rejetted to 110 main and the bike has woken up, revs right out to the limiter and feels soo much better.

best part, i can wash it out and reuse it for a long time.

didnt take any pictures but there isnt mufh to see, no modification, just pull out the old, clean up the air box if its dirty, lube up the seal on the new and bolt it in.

main jet has made the biggest difference in performance yet.

I will take some pics of the chain tensioner I made, best mod Ive done on the hawk, my chain never falls off, or rubs the tire, it stays exactly where it belongs.