View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 11:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
This is how I started with the China Bikes and I am little OCD, it has to be right, so I don't know any other way than to break it down and build it back. I agree, the info will be useful to someone, myself too. The forensic analysis will continue.

I got the head stem apart and the good news is it uses tapered bearings. The bad news is they didn't put much grease on them. This is the 4th China Bike I have taken apart and they all look like this with some worse. There must be a bonus at the end of the month on the production line if you don't use all your grease allotment! I tapped it for grease zerts, greased the bearings and put it back together. Turns better. I will pump it full of grease later.

I took 160 ml of fork oil out of each fork. It was very clear, clean, with a tint of brown and sometimes in the light you could see a blue/purple sheen just like the Maxima. There also appeared to be no difference between the viscosity and other characteristics from the Maxima. I replaced it with 160 ml of Maxima 15W. If I need to, I can add more later.

virginia seaport crossword
I’m in the same OCD boat as you. Back in my youth, when Kawasaki and Suzuki was giving us bikes to race, they arrived in the crate. So, I’ve always been used to complete tear down/building of a new bike before it was ever fired. Really enjoying your thread, keep up the great work!
BTW…. You’d be surprised how many Japanese bikes arrived absolutely bone dry…. Kawasaki was the worst. Of the 18 KX bikes we had, only 2 arrived with a tiny bit of grease on the bearings. So, its not just China bikes that skimp on grease!