View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #43

I have a piece a paper that says I is edumacated in hydraulic systems. So I is able to hepl.

So, with a double acting cylinder, you'd want that exact 3-way valve. But, Cylinder diameter is more important than stroke and I doubt you'd need to be any larger than 3", probably less. A lot more will depend on the capibilities and capacities of your power pack. We'd need to know the system pressure and flow. Plus the capacity of the tank. I ask, because OTC/Power Team makes a small power pack, the PG302, that has small 2 smoke engine on it. It is also capable of 12T but because of its low flow and small tank, it takes a loooooong time to fill a system and you could go have a nice lunch before it extended a large cylinder. Great for a porta power, kinda sucky for a log splitter.

I'd think a tank at 4 gallons minimum with a return filter, 2.5" cylinder w\16" stroke, 3-way directional valve w\open center, system pressure/flow at 1300/1500 psi at 4-5gpm, and -6 hoses would be a decent splitter. If my in my head math is correct, you'd be getting 6400-7400psi at the end of the ram.

Something to chew on, Weld. Just need to know more about the power pack.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts