Thread: New v storm 650
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 10:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I purchased a V-Strom 1000 in 2003, the second year of production, in the bright YELLOW color. Owned and rode it until 2008. I sold it and purchased a BLUE 2008 V-Strom 650. Best decision of my life. The 650 was much, much better in all aspects. Smoother running, fuel injection dialed in, lighter weight, single exhaust, and much better off road.
When I took the 1000 off road it would sometimes take 2 men and a boy to help me get the bike out of deep loose sand! It was more than a handful off road.
You made the right choice in which model of V-Strom to purchase.
Enjoy the ride!
1cw
Thanks, been researching for the year and all pointed for ability and value (for what it is, and it's ability) .

Some of the looks are a little lacking but over come in many other respects . It has been described as a little odd ball over the years in the looks department . I have already ordered 500 bucks worth of farkles to alleviate some of those aspects...more to come.

Just changed the oil and looks good so far at 719 miles needs a bath already too
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~