View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #18

Since I titled this 110d review, I'll make an honest post out of it lol

I bought my daughter a TaoTao 110 d the other day and put it together. I forgot to take pictures of crate and assembly. I paid $642 for with state tax. It seems pretty solid. Its automatic with forward only: no reverse. The battery could be a little bigger. it runs down pretty easy when starting here in the cold. I fully charged after letting it sit for about an hour after putting the acid in and keep a trickle charger on it. The battery box isn't very big so if I decide to go with a bigger battery in the future I will have to make modifications. The 110 comes with a romote starter/ kill switch, and very loud panic alarm (why I do not know). The remote start doesn't make much since because you have to turn the key on to use it and if you kill it remotely whoever is riding it should be old enough to know how to restart it. I finished assembling it today. I had to make the chain very loose but as soon as you put some weight on it the chain tightens up. I haven't messed with the preload of the rear shock yet. I changed the oil and spark plug today. I had to stop at Autozone on the way to work this afternoon to buy some Cotter pins because it was missing some and the ones it came with with just a little better than wire. The only pins I could find there was a 107 piece kit for $7.99. I told the clerk that was highway robbery. I should have pins in my garage but who knows where they are.
Attached Images