View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 09:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
Good morning 2LZ ,
While I do not have an answer to your question, my husband has asked me this a few times. It is probably the least discussed thing on the forum.

He's even asked about aftermarket options. I just stare back with this look

I look forward to see what some folks have to say about this. Thanks for bringing it up.
I share your husbands frustration. I don't have a single bike in my rolling stock with a stock muffler, with the exception of the RX3...and every bike and the Rhino have experienced improved performance due to it.

One would think....with as many of these things are out there running the globe (or something with a like exhaust), there would be some options or this would be talked about much more often. I'm not to worried about sound to much. The thing puts out a pretty good note when your "on it" already. It only makes sense though, that since these are originally designed without a cat for the rest of everyone else on the planet, and only really need one for the states....this addition of an exhaust blockage is obviously hampering its original design effort, just to pass EPA ad CARB.

I have a major bike project starting this afternoon (TT250 tear down) but as soon as it's done in a week or two, I want to dive into this cat issue. My feeling is that with the increased flow of exhaust gasses (post removal), the O2 sensor in the head pipe will more than be able to make up for the newly found lean condition of a quicker exiting exhaust. Theoretically, it should make for faster revs, minor increases across the entire power curve......if not just more "crisp".

Hell, worst case scenario is I wreck the dang muffler and need to order a new one from CSC, right?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 07-17-2016 at 09:50 AM.