View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 05:43 PM   #7

Today was the first ride on the TX250, and I feel like I've discovered the meaning of life. This feels like it's a great height seat for me (I'm 5'8", plus I wear MX-style boots), but wouldn't want an inch more. Ground clearance is amazing and it has some real power! Even when you're in sixth gear it doesn't feel gutless.

But importantly, it feels like a true dirt bike. All I knew was the TT250 up until this point, and this really makes that feel like a scooter. The sound of it idling is a really nice rumble and I'm in love.

I did receive the MCO that said OFF ROAD MOTORCYCLE but they're sending me a replacement that'll allow me to register it hassle-free. Nevada's cool enough to let you plate real dirtbikes if you get them inspected by a dealer or mechanic, but I'm fine choosing the simple route.

I did not adjust valves and perhaps that is why the idle sometimes is really high, sometimes low enough to stall. Tried adjusting the idle screw up a good ways and down a good ways, but it's just inconsistent. I did have to reroute the throttle cable a bit to stop it from getting tugged when turning right.