View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 07:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Did you re-measure the intake and decide on a perfect fit filter or did I miss that part? I'm not too concerned about off-roading and the filter being exposed. We do have a dirt driveway but it's still a drought. The closest body of water is our 12' Walmart pool. I do like the idea of burying it inside the stock airbox though and boring holes in it or getting the sock cover for it, especially for washing.
LOL - well, if you do what I did (purchase from EvilBay), there's about a week of shipping time that will allow you to finish the TT250. (Which is a bike that I'm looking at keenly!)

The throttle body outside diameter is 43mm. It looks like the inside diameter of the throttle body is 38mm, but it's the outside diameter we need to focus on. The filter I bought is 5mm too big, but the radiator clamp does a fine job clamping down on the filter and ensuring a tight fit. I like that this filter has a 10 degree flange angle so that I can pitch the filter down (to clear all the stuff above where the air filter wants to be.

The filter the Grom riders use is a R-1100. It has the correct flange inside diameter of 43 mm, but it has a 40 degree flange angle, and I think that's just a little too extreme for our use. Looking through the rest of the K&N catalog, I think the R-1080 might work, but it has 0 flange angle, so there may be some contact or difficulty getting the filter to sit square on the throttle body.

I guess that's my long winded way of saying that I'll stick with my RC-1290.