View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerndad View Post
Hey Weld,

I just pulled the cover and the front sprocket has 12 teeth.

I heard that you can't put synthetic in these because it'll make the clutch too slippery?

Increasing the front sprocket size sounds like a perfect idea, I was just lamenting to my wife that I wished 1st was super low and 2nd was more like 1st, and so on - it is obvious that this bike is geared a bit more for speed (why?) and less for trails. I also agree with the other review on this forum that the jump from 1st to second is too much.

Can you recommend a place to get a bigger front sprocket online? I have to order pretty much everything in up here, there is a great small engine mechanic here who has tons of chinese tav experience, I'll ask him too.

jb
Guys, where do I start here? I literally just got a junked 200 beast running after trading a 40oz of Whiskey for it, wanted to read some other reviews and found this thread. OK, Northerndad, you were posting how you kept stalling the Beast and that it was geared for speed not for trails, how you wished it had a super low 1st...... Then for the love of Pete DO NOT increase the size of the front Sprocket! I'll tell you thats doing the opposite of gearing it down. By increasing the size of the engine sprocket it will take FEWER engine revs to go through a set number of links on the chain. The sprocket you want to increase is the REAR sprocket so that the engine will need to complete more revs to turn the rear axle. thus gearing the quad down. I ride motorcycles and play with sprocket changes for either track days or highway cruising. If you want a fast bike you get a relatively Big front sprocket and a small rear, if you want a bike that accelerates but isnt that fast you get a Smaller front sprocket and a Bigger rear. Many riders going to track days often go F-1,R+2 teeth for their sprockets for the extra accelration. Stunt riders go something like F-2, R+4 which brings the front wheel off the ground like it wasn't there. I really doubt that you're gonna find the sprockets your looking for anyway since looking for many parts I didnt see any geared sprockets for these ATVs. One thing you CAN do to give the Beast more low end is get a smaller diameter rear tire...... the previous beast 200 used a 18X9.5x8 tire the limited uses a 10" rim now and a bigger rear tire. I'm guessing its the exact same gear ratio so a limited 200 will be faster than an older beat 200 simply by the tire diameter..

Last edited by Weldangrind; 10-20-2014 at 10:53 AM.