View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 12:42 AM   #42

The possible main cause?

The van is able to back out of the garage now and I am trying to get a couple of heat cycles through it before any attempts leaving home base.

However getting here was not smooth sailing...

The head is on and I believe is making full compression...

There are no major spills/leaks...

However it was apparent there was air getting into the fuel delivery lines, I used a hand priming pump and could hear the faint sucking squeak coming from the diesel manager fuel filter housing...I tried to fix it but nothing seemed to make any difference...So its possible team 'made in USA' failed me from the onset and culminating events resulted in a major overhaul...

So I removed the fuel manager and went back to the factory fuel filter assembly to remove the air ingress issue...

Which did improve things...

But the engine was still running rough and diesel smokey. Rough idle but revs out clean and healthy...

So I'm thinking the made in china injectors have too low a crack off pressure and am now trying to find my original injectors to cross reference.

I did check the current injectors on the bench tester and they all seemed fine with a crack off pressure at around 1500psi.

The only other possible candidate for the rough idle is the timing chain is due for a change now.

The injection pump and cam sprocket went back in the same way they cam out...but maybe the new cylinder head and gasket put some slack into the chain that the tensioner can't make up for?

I know a Delica specific service place than can pull though a new chain without major disassembly...so I might be kneeing myself in the crotch wallet again to sort this out...

So progress is being made but the domino effect has been savage and I'm glad I'm not paying someone else to do the same job all things considered...

however there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel.
Attached Images