View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 10:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
........... . That's a beautiful bike.

What is a Genuine Roughhouse 50? Is that a China scoot?
Thanks to you both. And no, the Genuine Scooter Co. is the same as Vespa. Or let me rephrase that, same owners. clicky thingy ----> http://www.genuinescooters.com/ However, the Genuine is mfg. in Taiwan. I would rate the quality of build 100% equal to Yamaha and Honda. VERY reliable. The thing is built like a tank everywhere that it counts. Probably
the most well known of the Genuine scooters is the "Stella". and a close tie 2nd would be the "Buddy". You see Buddy's everywhere at scooter rental places, again, because of the price, several hundreds less than Yamaha & Honda, and the before mentioned superb reliability and build quality.
There is a large aftermarket support for these as well. I already have a 72cc overbore kit, high performance CVT clutch parts, and a aftermarket exhaust pipe (Called a "Stage 2 Kit" for this scoot sitting in my garage. Purchased here ---> http://www.scooterworks.com/performa...8#.VWkiLO9FDIU
Just lack the time to install it.
Yeah. $350 (after shipping) is a bit rough on the pocketbook. But it makes these things a rip-snarling blast to fly around town in. Were talking EASYYYYYY 55+ mph! On 10" Rims! 0_0 :-D
Also have a beautiful big windscreen as well, again, no time to install.
Between work, work after work, and housework, well, , , , , , , , , , , you get the picture.

SOMEDAY!!!!!! Someday I will get around to actually doing my own things! Till then, , , , , I just ride what I don't have to work on. :-D

As a side note, I ordered some dress up goodies for the CB300F. Carbon fiber LOOKING tank guard thingy, and a carbon fiber Looking chain guard, as well as a rear O.E.M. Honda storage bag that goes where the passenger seat is. Got to have some way to haul my breakfast sandwich and 20oz MtnDew from the gas station to work. :-D Those will go on in a matter of minutes, so pics will come when they come in.