Thread: Ssr xf250
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
The original airbox isn't bad by any means and yours might not be affected by this issue, but the adapter boot on my SSR was slightly deformed and sometimes came detached from the box, where a long spring was used to compress the adapter on the airbox opening.

Being paranoid this would happen during a dusty ride, I removed the airbox and replaced with a standard UNI pod filter: it breathes a little better and is very easy to service. Servicing or tuning the carburetor is a bit easier as well. A trade-off to consider if doing this: the filter loses some shielding and protection from the elements.

If your airbox seals nicely to the carb, you might simply drill some 1/2" holes on the top of the airbox to help the bike breathe a little better. However, you can do nothing to this bike and find that it is great without any mods.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/u...BoCE9EQAvD_BwE
So far, Q has had no issues with any air boots pulling or separating. The Uni though is tough to beat. I did bore a bunch of large holes in the top of my air box when I first got it.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350