View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 06:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegolf View Post
Hi and thank you all for the responses. Haven't looked into this yet, very little time recently ...
The bike is ~5600 miles and as far as I know it haven't had any major suspension service except for the linkage disassembly I mentioned earlier.
Gotcha - that gives a little more light on the subject lol I kinda doubt that it's anything needing to disassemble to resolve; and doubt anything linkage related since you just had it serviced.. I just put a drop on either side of the top shock mount, squeak went away! Still going strong no squeaks! I mean, you could drop the suspension and remove the shock; but if it's not making any sounds other than the squeak when you're working the suspension up and down, or feel like it has play in it - I'd just drop some oil on the top bolt for the shock and see. If it doesn't, absolutely no big deal - at least it wont be affected by moisture! But, I'm going off the statement you don't want to disassemble anything - I don't blame you at all for that. I consider adjusting the chain is a PITA myself - but only had to do it once after the new chain lol My top shock mount is right below the seat, took about 3min to remove and put two drops on top. Good luck, man!