View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 08:16 PM   #673

Maintenance Done

I finally finished up most of the winter maintenance on the RX3. The bike got a new rear OEM CST rear tire, the Progressive rear shock, a new air filter and a cleaned and greased rear linkage. I still need to do some re-wiring on the SAE lead, relocating it up to the headstock, but other than that the bike is good to go. Temperature was in the mid 30's and the roads were clear, so I took the bike out to test the new rear shock. I put around 80 miles on it and it seems to be much more compliant than the stock OEM shock unit. I will play with it more down the road to get a better feel for it, but I'm satisfied with it as of now. Definitely worth the $400 I spent.

Also, very happy with my Tourmaster Synergy 2.0 heated vest and KOSO heated grips. Combined with Oxford Rain Seal Grip covers, they really take the bite out of cold weather rides. I did have the RX3's radiators blocked off to keep the operating temperature up, with the right completely blocked and the left at 50%. Running in 5th gear to keep the RPM's @ 7500-8000, the temperature gauge sat at 3 bars the whole ride.

All in all, a good day.