View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 07:59 PM   #668

I've had great luck with those tires. You'll find that the engine also loosens up after 1-2k miles. I can easily hit redline now with every shift if I choose.

BTW, has anyone noted any mph gain with the rear racks and boxes off? My wife and I took the Jeep to Northern Alabama this weekend for some hiking, and it was about a 3.5 hour awesome twisty backroad to get there. I'd love to ride up there, but still need to hustle at times at 65-70 or get rammed by a logging truck, and dont want that stress with a pillion. We did some two up a week or so ago for a day, and the suspension pounded us. Those simple issues had me dissatisfied with the bike. I suppose I'd put the boxes back on for a moto camping trip anyway, though. I do miss the "get outta here power" of my previous bigger bikes.
Not sure how if a klr would cope much better, other than being too tall and top heavy for me.

ughhh

oh...on topic for this thread... I tightened the rear preload 3 turns from factory, maybe that'll help keep my spine from getting pounded on rough roads. Also slowed the rebound dampening some. We'll see on the next ride. I'll do some dirt.