View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeege View Post
Thanks!

I'm in Santa Monica. I haven't spent much time in the valley, yet. Any recommendations if I were to explore the area?

Good to know those parts are stock. I must not have been paying good attention when the seller was describing things. Do I just take the gold piece off and leave it, or do I need to seal it off or something?
Santa Monica, you say? A good friend from high school is a cop for your city--I won't name drop here, but if you needed some 'courtesy' I could tell you in a PM. I doubt your bike will get you in much trouble, however, as far as speeding goes

If you are new to L.A., then take your bike up the coast and take one of the canyons back towards the Valley. I believe the first canyon road that will take you back to the Valley is Topanga Canyon. Somewhere through Topanga you will cross the (in)famous Mulholland Drive. Worth a ride on, too, if you wanted to wait to see the 'Valley' later on. You don't have to ride like a MotoGP racer, either, in spite of what the numerous youtube videos filmed there show! However, if you choose not to take the Mulholland diversion, and do get all the way into the Valley into the western edge of Woodland Hills, there is not much to see in the 'Valley' riding through.

I might be going over Thanksgiving, so keep in touch, and we could meet up, but I won't have my Chinabike. But you can at least see the 'Valley.'

Another good ride would be clear up the coast to Ventura County, and back down the coast back home. You have probably done that, already, but it is a nice ride to do over and over.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard