Thread: Newbie!
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 11:21 PM   #12

&%&%^*&

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I cut mine off and put in their place "battery tender" style plugs. I don't think the first few shipments came with matching plugs for you to use, rj
Mine came out of the first container. Do not really want to cut harness, but I have plenty of plug options in a drawer under the work bench. Will call CSC tomorrow.

The comfort seat with a pad is still not perfect, but tons better than stock. Can't do tank-to-tank for medical reasons. Current seat and pad plenty good enough.

Will be using relay for high and low, just because already on bike and ready to go.

Already done TAT TN to OR, and back. Been to Prudhoe Bay, too, cousin is a shot there and we took a ride on TW200s. Didn't buy a RX3 for TAT type rides, got bike better suited. RX3 would be better than TW200 for Dalton Highway by far. RX3 serves a different purpose, two lane touring, paved or not. Powerband is too narrow for plugging dirty a 400 pound bike, but fair trade for highway performance, gear spacing a bit on the narrow side but well suited to powerband, final drive ratio too tall for offroad but okay on anything a 2wd truck can be driven on and 13 countershaft kind of small, tires not aggressive enough but work well on asphalt and tar-and-gravel. TT250 is all that's needed for a TAT bike, just farkle appropriately. GS will get you there faster. FLCTH will get you there noisier. All about decisions.

Need to install auxiliary B/T/Ts, order 19-inch front wheel, brake upgrade, 2 teeth bigger wheel sprocket. Maybe weld an auxiliary fuel tank--the bike prefers real gasoline, sometimes hard to find.