View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 10:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
I'm right there with you on the Hawk, but for me it's to find flying sites for my RC airplanes.

The ECX lineup is what Traxxas was 20 years ago. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Traxxas sold the old molds to Horizon Hobby and it's just re-branded...kinda like these China bikes! lol They are plastic and there are failure points, most notably the shoulder bolt in the front steering c-block. It likes to pull out. Easily solved with aluminum upgraded c-block and a little blue loctite. The other failure point is the plastic slider drive shafts, they like to twist. I upgraded to the Traxxas big beefy plastic drive shafts, been on ever since. Then the usual RPM upgrades...steering system, a-arms, etc. New steering servo. The shocks will do ok, but the Traxxas big bores are the way to go. I bought the brushless version, which I'm not even sure if they sell it anymore. Still running the same ESC and motor that it came with...going on like 5 years or so. But, I don't run them a lot...usually just racing, no bashing. I've beat on the bone stock one with a kicker ramp. So far it's held up. All it needed was a new 17t motor. It's brushed and the 15t it comes with is just too weak to run it.

I should post a pic of my workshop...makes yours look clean.
I might have to pick one up, then. I've only ever owned the TRX4m from Traxxas and I'm selling it lol, not a fan of Traxxas or the way they do business.

Haha at least you have a shop! i just have a workbench in my living room.