Thread: What oil?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 02:54 AM   #25

a b c d e f g h ... .

Brought home 2 cases Mobil 1 Racing 4T today. Latest blend is API SL, SM, SN, CH, JASO MA, MA2. Says so on the bottle. Lucas also has a similar expansion of API ratings on the containers in the store and declining prices on the new stuff. I was told by a reliable source a new base was updated for better lubricity with fewer additives, improved durability at temperature extremes, less thermal variance in use, improved corrosion resistance, less oxidation, significantly reduced shear in the transmission, AND the new blend and base provides a final product that should sell for 1/4 to 1/3 less than the old stuff. Walmart has the new Mobil 1 Racing 4T for about $6.50/quart. Walmart used to charge close to $10.00.

So, Gh426's gift of all that information is now riddled with obsolescence. I tried to warn you. Trust me, you really don't want to dedicate sufficient portions of your life to keeping up the lubricant industry unless you sell the stuff and need to answer questions.

Latest models of commercial vehicles require different oils than older models. If you want to use Rotella or some other oil not specified for motorcycles better make sure such changes don't leave your bike unprotected.

I've also noticed some new packaging on shop products like Sea Foam Engine Treatment, DeepCreep, and similar products along with lower prices. No idea what gives with those products. SeaFoam's products still seem to work well.