Thread: Ssr xf250
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:13 PM   #15

Hey guys I think a 10,000 mile XF250 review is in order shortly. I have put about 2,000 miles on the XF in the last 2 months commuting to San Diego and LA occasionally with up to 80 lbs of luggage. I didn't buy this bike intending on riding it this much, but it doesn't seem to mind. I may see what kind of a video I can put together.

Here is a riding video posted by some guy in Turkey I believe:

2LZ is right about the Qlink and SSR being pretty much the same bike. Owning a used Qlink is what gave me the confidence to spend $2,700 on the new SSR. If I didn't experience the quality of the Qlink I would have struggled to justify paying over 2k for a Chinabike like so many do. After owning the Qlink I was searching for something with a little more power and everyone I know tried talking me into a used Japanese bike. Of course I heard the old tired argument, "Oh you can get a used DRZ-400 or whatever else for that kind of money". I had already owned a couple of well used Japanese Dual Sports which I loved, but they needed repairs occasionally and parts were not exactly cheap. My XL600 had constant CDI, stator, decompression lever, and carb problems which left me stranded on a few occasions. On the other hand, the Qlink had been a completely trouble free bike. In 2014 the SSR came with a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty which sealed the deal for me.