Thread: Ssr xf250
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 12:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Let me see where the job search takes me. I was reading an article the other day about the Bay Area's housing prices. I have not applied, nor have any desire to live up there, as nice as it might be. However, it was interesting that in the article, it was mentioned that someone making 6 figures and has a family is considered lower income. I know that L.A. is not far behind, but at least there is lots of sprawl, so housing is generally more available, hence prices will be lower. But it is not looking good to consider a move there.

I have applied to a position in Palm Springs. Much more reasonable cost of living, and seemingly top dollar salary (seems to be as much as L.A. and even MORE than the Bay Area--you didn't think I wasn't curious after I read that article did you? LOL). The position that I am hoping for the most is the one that will allow me to stay putt in Yuma, but I will have to commute to Calexico. The dread of moving looms over my mind, so the other thought of a high salary (seems to be as much as L.A. as well) mixed with me coming home to the house I have lived in for 13 years, and don't have to pack and get out of is the one I am hoping for--hence the need to find a commuter.
56 miles https://goo.gl/maps/1v9mu4Gdzc12 one way? Better go for the rx3 with seat concepts, by butt hurts just thinking about it
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~