View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #9

Go with What You Know

I'm hoping that folks here find this useful, not just the old Q riders but also maybe open other options for Hawk, Storm and also the new CSC TT250 owners that will be coming down the pipe soon.

Sound, especially exhaust note and tone, are subjective. Likes tend to change from person to person due to things such as condition (street or dirt), age, etc... After doing quite a bit of research here on CR search forums and also online....and ordering the woefully incorrect exhaust by accident, I decided to fall back and "go with what I know". Please be patient if I'm repeating myself in a few spots here but there's always new readers to this forum.

I've had multiple of the FMF Turbine Core 2 Universal Spark Arrestor's. I really like how they're inexpensive (almost 100.00 less than the FMF Power Core 4), quality built (stainless), super-light, USFS Approved, repackable, look nice, and basically can be fit to anything. I've had them on my Q and all my Hondoids. My biggest complaint is that on Q (OHC motor), on the open road, the sound is kind of shrill to the ear when you're on the throttle. The pushrod Hondoids, not so much.

So, this is what I've done. I've ordered one of these again:

http://www.amazon.com/FMF-Turbinecor...Spark+Arrestor

and also one of these, as Spud recommended long ago:

http://www.amazon.com/636-Distributi...ywords=dB+dawg

...and I'll see how it goes on Q and let you know what I think. If it turns out good, I'll get the little baffles for my other TC2's as well on my other Hondoids. Also, with the new CSC TT250 on order, I'll be doing the same fitment of this set-up to it as well, for future reference.

I'll keep you all posted on my findings. This could end up being a very inexpensive option for a lot of folks.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350