View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 01:00 AM   #5

Free wheel.

Spent the better part of a whole day servicing the locked up rear wheel on the 81 Postie. Any way I got the wheel rolling after a good handful of what appeared to be river sand was removed from inside.

Seems the earlier year has some differences to the 84 so far as to say the rear drum plate/hub is different.

The more I spend time on the 81 the more apparent it is that its the donor bike...the frame is just too far gone with terminal rust to warrant expending time/effort into saving it. The 81 engine seems complete with less Odometer kilometers on the clock...but the kick start does not crank the engine over...just goes up and down without engaging.

The 84 on the other hand looks to be the best candidate for mostly original honda parts restoration.the fact the key works in the ignition switch,stem lock and helmet lock...is a strong affirmation. Rear drum plate appears to be a match for an XL185.

I found some scrags in the partially torn down 84 engine but it turns over really well...

Has to be a running engine out of the 2 somewhere there..

The 2011 has a lifan 125cc engine swap written all over it and will likely get some of the 81 ancillaries and the rear swing arm by the looks of things.

Also bought that CT110 seat and tank a while back on a separate occasion, so that will be put to good use now.
Attached Images