View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 02:08 AM   #3

In order to rebuild the engine, it must be removed from the frame of the RX3 motorcycle. With a center stand installed, removal of the engine is pretty easy. Installing a center stand greatly facilitates repairing flats on the road, or trailside. For this reason alone, it is a good idea to purchase a center stand from CSC motorcycles. Removing and reinstalling the engine would be much more difficult without a center stand.

Since I have modified my RX3 with a 21-inch front wheel, I needed to place a piece of 2x8 lumber under the center stand to loft the wheels. After the engine rebuild I coaxed a good friend to weld two extensions onto the center stand.

You do not need to remove the luggage in order to remove the engine from the frame.

Since the swingarm bolt must be removed before you can remove the engine from the frame, you must first remove the swingarm from the motorcycle. To make matters easier, I also decided to remove the rear wheel, lower shock linkage and shock absorber before I removed the engine.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 04-27-2017 at 05:14 PM.