View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 03:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
Here is one that I took yesterday, and tried using an old laptop that one of the kids left here. It hadn't been used for years, and I think it was either too old to make the video quality great, OR it could be the fact that I down loaded the pictures onto the computer first using an adapter that fit in a standard size SD slot. Maybe if I would have left the card in the computer it would have did better. I had my camera better as far as up, and down, but when I put my visor down, it filmed through it. It also looks like I drive in the middle of the road when I look through a curve. LOL.
You did everything fine and it won't affect the video quality. You are just copying files from one media to another. I put my 64gb micro sd into a compact flash adapter to copy them onto a laptop, then to a flash drive and over to my desktop for editing. My desktop is a Dell Inspiron 530, which is ancient. It shipped with Windows Vista, to give you an idea. I have Windows 7 Ultimate running on it and had the RAM maxed out, but I have a bad slot so had to pull and running 2 x 2GB RAM, so a total of 4GB. Upgraded the video card to the max it would handle and slapped in a WiFi card. It does fine. Been posting from it this whole time.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin