View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #15

I'm going to say something pretty controversial... Which happens in an oil these...
Several years ago I bought an auto clutch for my quad (525 ktm motor) from Slavens Ktm. They use springs and weights and the stock clutch fibers and basket. He said he uses Castrol 10w40 automotive oil in his bikes and suggested I did too. I have used regular oil on the spot in the quad but usually Rotella or delvek are my go-to.
I push that quad hard, it's bored and stroked, cammed, ported head, etc... And have only replaced the plates 2 times in over 10 years (and the 2nd time was preventive).
What I'm saying is I'm not sure that automotive oil makes much, if any, difference on clutch fibers. As I said I have used both, and usually use Rotella...but I've also used Mobil 1 that was marked down, and there wasn't any extra slippage or wear.

Just saying...
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"