View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #7

Sorry to read about that handsome mutt! I think it might be best, imo, to find an enduro with all the street lighting on Craigslist, provided you can get a wide variety for cheap such as what you can find in places like L.A. ($400 enduros as an example). One guy here down on the enduro section, who just recently joined posted a Craigslist ad from Kansas City for an enduro with no title with a blown engine with an asking price of $250 (definitely deal it down), as one such example (yes, you would be too far for that one, and I mentioned it as but one example, but see what you can find closer to you).

I have a complete '09 TMEC sitting in my driveway with all the wiring and the lighting (although two broken turn signals) with a clutch issue that I would part out to someone like you. Again, not saying you buy my parts due to shipping costs and all that, but surely there are people near you with donor parts or complete enduros like mine.

I would start out with Taobao as Weldangrind linked. I have never used it, and it completely baffles me, but Weld and a few other members swear by it (not at it) and the parts are cheap, even when shipped directly from the Chinabike motherland! I bet there are whole lighting kits for Zongshens since your bike is very similar to many, millions worldwide, who came with street lighting equipment.

Keep us up to date on your progress, since I had always thought of that seeing a few Zongshen bikes just like yours on the Phoenix Craigslist that looked like enduros, but with all lighting 'gone' offered for several hundred dollars.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard