View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 02:30 PM   #1

Question Hawk 250 Electrical Hell: NEED HELP please

Hey everyone I've recently noticed an issue with my hawk 250 Carb.

A few days ago I noticed that when I turn my handlebar to the right even 1 degree the headlights would dim to almost nothing and both turn signals would turn on and dim the same amount and would be constant and not blinking.

After trying to "fix it" it is now like this no matter the angle, but if I put it in neutral and pull the clutch in it works fine no issues.

While trying to "fix it" I found that if I moved or held at an angle where the wires under the headlight all enter a tube/wire protector then the issue would also disappear but this no longer works.

All other things I have tried:
1. Charged battery fully
2. Unplug and plug in all connectors I can find (Under headlight wires, under seat, etc)
3. Change angle of wire harness
4. Tried revving the bike at the same time to produce a little more electricity to the lights.
5. Disconnect Heated grips from bike
6. Check battery with multimeter (All good)

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them, I was thinking maybe replacing the wiring harness entirely but I would hate to spend the 75-100 dollars and it not fix the problem.

I will add photos to better explain the issue and solutions I've tried.

Thank you all in advance I'm losing my shit not being able to ride during this nice weather.