Thread: Honda CRF230L
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Angel View Post
Unless catastrophic failure happens I would recommend the Coleman "MADDOG" bags.
Well, almost had a catastrophe. (Melted bag where it contacted the engine)
On mile 9 of this mornings journey at 65 mph the Velcro pulled loose and the right side bag then was being pushed back onto the cooling fins.

I stopped at a very old gas station that sells all kinds of fishing stuff, drinks, minnows, that sort of stuff and picked up a 6 foot long piece of blue nylon rope that is used to string fish up on when you catch them. "Stringer" I think is what it is called. Any ways, it was a whole $1.60 + tax so it was a cheap fix. I cut the long metal pointed stake off of the rope and ran it through the webbing on the right bag across the front of the frame just under the handlebar head over to the left side. Looped it through the handle that is oddly on top of the left bag. Why there is a handle there I have no clue, but it was convenient for this update. So I run the blue rope from the right to the left and back to the right side again, tying it off in multiple granny knots on the metal round loop that was on the other end of the rope.
No more problems the rest of the morning including off roading and nearly sinking in a deep mud hole! LOL ( will be making a ride report post on that here in a few min. )
Attached Images