Thread: Honda CRF230L
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 07:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Now what's gonna happen when i eventually get my CRF230 or 250? a third version of the same basic concept?

Nothing wrong with that. :-D

OK, I got my other tank bag installed. Anther Coleman product from WalMart.
For $12 I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try. Is made for " ATV ".
Sure! Dual Sport IS All terrain. lol
ANywhooo, I had to take scissors and cut out the hole that is supposed to stretch over the filler neck on ATV's. Problem is, the CRF230L does not have a filler neck. Just a smooth large hole. So I made the whole bigger and all was well. Also, Since the other camo bag was on, I ran the straps of the camo bag through the web of the Coleman bag essentially locking the two together like you would your fingers. ( See pic 1 )
In pic 2 & 3, I found that a 20oz. MtnDew bottle is too tall. :-/
However, the 15.5 oz. Yoohoo bottle does fit, so I am thinking the shorter 16oz. soda bottles will fit well.
Pic 4 is simply the left side with nothing in the bag yet.
Pic 5 is my "trail pack" (for the lack of a better explanation. It is a tire repair kit, vice grips, needle nose pliers, spare spark plug, a multi-bit screwdriver, quart of oil, and some shop rags. Not shown is a 6 foot long rolled up section of 14g wire, a few various 14g terminals, some electrical tape, and a couple of spare bulbs.
Everything listed fit with a little bit of room to spare. I took the bike down a 4 mile stretch of VERY rough backroad. Everything stayed in place just perfect. Then hit the 4 lane and at 65 MPH nothing flew off / blew backwards. So that whole set up is golden and only cost me about $24 tax and all.
Unless catastrophic failure happens I would recommend the Coleman "MADDOG" bags.
Attached Images