View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 04:01 AM   #15

I went for another ride yesterday afternoon with the stock headlight installed, and took some photographs from the same location.

I stopped to take some photographs of the headlight in the daytime, from approximately 40 feet in front of the bike. The first photograph was taken from a standing position, with the headlight set to high beam.

The next photograph was taken from a kneeling position, with the headlight set to high beam.

The last photograph shows the low beam, taken from a kneeling position.

The LED headlight is obviously more conspicuous during daylight, and offers a real safety advantage. I didn't get a chance to ride last evening to test the brightness of the stock headlight with an H4 bulb, versus the LED headlight. Judging from the photographs, it seems the LED headlight is definitely brighter within its focused beams. However, since I don't have auxiliary lighting, I still prefer the much wider coverage of the stock headlight.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894