View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 03:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Mine would intermittently die while going down the road one day like I hit the kill switch. I could pull in the clutch and hit the starter button and get it running before loosing too much speed so road it this way for a couple of hours to get home. Got home and checked the battery terminals by accident and both were loose and would giggle enough to kill it . Tightened them and problem gone, rj
I need to make it clear that when this happened ,my RX3 had around 7500 miles on it and I was the one who forgot to tighten the terminals from when I added some battery tender leads to the battery. My fault not CSC's . After reading some posts above it was clear I neglected to mention that little tidbit of info. I'm surprised that with all the turning off and restarting that it didn't screw up the computer thingy and with around 9500 miles on it now ,appears no worse for the incident. It never once hinted that it wouldn't make it home during the Iron Butt 1000 so I think the motor, FI, cooling, computer part are pretty bullet proof. rj