View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 07:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Bikes like the DR650 are getting tough to find. The DR is powerful enough for some freeway use, but air cooled and carbureted for easy maintenance and mods.
I agree!. I was interested in all 3 bikes in it's class. The Honda XR650L, KLR650 and the DR. While I was looking I came across a guy who had all 3 bikes and they were all for sale. He bought the KLR for himself and the other 2 bikes for his sons to ride. I think they rode almost all road miles. Interestingly enough all bikes had roughly the same mileage on them but there was something about the DR that just tripped my trigger. The best of the 3 bikes was the XR but it was better suited for trail riding I believe. The KLR was best suited for the road and the DR seemed to be best all around. The thing I like the most about it is the completely stock exhaust. It's nice and quiet and has enough power with it stock that I will leave it that way. It's a hoot to ride for sure and look forward to exploring some new trails.
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681