View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 12:51 PM   #15

TBone:
to answer your question on brake in procedure ...CSC says just ride it, but don't lug it !
and I think that is good advice ! the bike was extremally TIGHT being new, don't be disappointed by it's power when you first get it as it does improve !....SERIOUSLY !
it is that tight internally !
so don't over rev it, and don't lug it.... use the transmition ! I kept the RPM around 5000RPM for the first 100 miles ... till it loosened up a bit ! and didn't ride it longer than 30 minutes at a time and let it cool before proceeding.
although I haven't even changed the oil yet on mine I think I will this winter just for S&G's.....

Also be aware that the tempiture gauge is off a bit.... CSC says it's generous ( indeed)
so watch the numbers not the gauge ! don't let it get any hotter than 94C it will hover right around 92C i think, so just take it easy on it till your first oil change ! it is SLOW to brake in in my experience.... but after the first 100 miles it started feeling better !
as for the tires I drive on paved back roads and the tires are good for that but I doubt they would be the best on dirt all the time Knobbies would be far better I think for that!
this bike has a very HIGH center of gravity with a full tank of gas ! it has fell over on it's side 3 times for me to my dismay ! it didn't hurt a thing but it is very embarrassing to be spit off the bike at a stop sign ! (that is why I lowered it a long way)
it's a great bike....but heavy for me.... it reminds me of the Honda 1100cc shadow I had ages ago just too heavy to be comfortable !
at 70mph this bike is rather quick responding in trajectory a gust of wind will throw you around a bit, more than you'd think for such a heavy cruiser !
the ABS brakes scared the Heck out of me ! but I was only using the back brake
I found that if I used both brakes it reacted fine... just one brake though it acted like it let up and went free wheeling .... it didn't but I had to re apply and grab the front brake to not go through the stop sign ! so I recommend applying the brakes to the skidding point to see how it reacts it may well surprise you....it did me ! this bike wants you to use both brakes ! every time ! and I don't always do that.
hope that helps !
Bob.......