View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #2

So since my last post, I picked up my battery from O'reillys. Fully charged and ready to go. I got home, dropped it in the bike and it fired right up. Went for a ride around the neighborhood. When I got back, I turned the ignition off and washed the bike. About an hour later I went to go for another ride and I heard it turn over for a fraction of a second and then... nothing. So just my luck, dead battery. I didn't have time to mess with it so I unhooked the battery and stuck it back in the garage. LAst night I picked up a "powersports battery" at O'reillys for the grand total of $103 (Yikes!). Come to find out, it did not fit. No biggie, that's what returns are for. I really wanted to take it for another ride so I looked at the stock battery again and there was no water in the cells. You'd think auto parts workers could check the simple stuff rather than just toss it on a charger. So I added water, went out and bought a battery tender trickle charger and let it sit overnight. Go out this morning, toss it in and it fires right up. Wait an hour, go out to leave for school and it fires right up again (except when I forgot about the killswitch lol). So I park it in the garage, leave it connected and I'll try it again tonight.If it starts fine, I'll leave the battery tender on it when I'm not riding and use the no-name chinese battery until it has nothing left. I hope it lasts, not looking forward to $109 for a new (the right one) battery.

Anyways, here's some pics of it cleaned up, the rattle can paint job, the busted cluster, etc...