View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 02:30 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
It's actually pretty common to use the disc flange for the drive and run a rim brake out back on a motorized bike. Often done with a dual pull single brake lever to prevent having too much braking power in the rear when combined with a front disc brake.

I have considered an e-bike, but I may hold off for now since they are expensive as heck, both to build or to buy. I am starting a new job soon that makes using the bikes as transport to save money a bit more difficult due to the distance and the routes available to me, so for now they are just a hobby anyway. 12 miles of city riding is a bit more than I want to deal with for a commute on a bicycle of any kind.

Enlighten me on this dual pull single brake lever? Funny enough when i was looking into the two ideas i was actually saving money going Ebike. This was based off of the idea of buying a new bike from Ctire here as the base. Granted a cheap one with rim brakes to upgrade around the motor later kind of thing. But at this point there is also a plan i found on a site to build a cargo type bike that i may consider for the ebike idea. Modify the plans a touch to have a staggered tire set up similar to a dirt bike and have the smaller rear being a hub drive as i keep finding 24" hub drive wheels for reasonable prices. The goal there would eventually be to have a 2wd Ebike kind of set up like a Dual sport motorcycle. I would be taking advantage of the stretched wheelbase of the cargo bike to have somewhere to place the batteries in a lower center of gravity location.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)