View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 04:01 PM   #5

Today I adjusted the valves to .004/.004. They were super tight, maybe at .001 or less.
While i was at it, i fabricated a pair-valve blockoff plate and capped the vacuum line on the intake manifold. This allows easier access to work on the exhaust valve.
Some notes about the valve adjustment..
You can remove the side plastics and then unbolt the tank and simply slide it backwards and out of your way.
I found it hard to find TDC as the mark is a fairly small vertical line. To be safe, i removed the spark plug and turned the crank until the piston was at the top of the cylinder and then cross-referenced that with the TDC line on the crank.
Once i did that i could slightly wiggle the rocker arms and knew i had it.
You will need to unbolt the horn mechanism and also unhook the 2 pair valve lines for in order to access the front valve.
Remove the valve caps with a 15/16" open end wrench
Loosen the locknuts from each valve stem.. mine were on super tight
Loosen the valve stem to allow access to your feeler guage
I used a deck screw with a wire cap in order to tighten the valve stem down onto the feeler guage.. thanks @JerryHawk, read that in an old post of yours
Since i wanted to have them set at .004/.004, i tightened down on a .005 feeler guage and then locked the nut.. this allowed a .004 to gently slide in with slight rubbing but would not allow the .005 again, which is what you want
I put everything back together and started her up, sounds nice and healthy and now i have a little leeway as they may tighten back up a bit between now and when i do again at 500mi
Attached Images

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X